The various versions of high school admissions tests may be even more confusing than those for college or graduate school. As part of our series on HS admissions tests, Amy and Mike invited educator Kenny Tan to explain the role and structure of the Specialized High Schools Admissions Test (SHSAT).
What are five things you will learn in this episode?
- What schools require the Specialized High Schools Admissions Test (SHSAT)?
- What does the SHSAT cover?
- How is the SHSAT scored, and how many students “pass” the test?
- How does the SHSAT differ from other high school admissions tests?
- How competitive is the specialized high school admissions process?
MEET OUR GUEST
Kenny Tan has been working in test prep since 2010. Kenny founded Kenny Tan Test Prep to empower students with the grit, resilience, and curiosity necessary for a successful academic and professional career. He specializes in the SHSAT, ISEE, SSAT, SAT, and ACT.
Kenny, the son of Chinese immigrants, graduated from Stuyvesant High School in New York City and received his B.A. in Economics from Vanderbilt University. His hobbies include an interest in aviation. He received his private pilot certificate (airplane single-engine land) in 2016. Some of his favorite flying experiences are featured on his YouTube channel.
ABOUT THIS PODCAST
Tests and the Rest is THE college admissions industry podcast. Explore all of our episodes on the show page.