The existence of a science test sets the ACT apart from all other college entrance exams. What should a student do to be set apart from peers on this challenging test section? Amy and Mike invited educator Robin Satty to explore top lessons for ACT science.
What are five things you will learn in this episode?
- How important is specific science knowledge vs other skills on the ACT Science Test?
- How has this section changed over time?
- How can students approach each of the three types of Science passages differently?
- What makes some questions harder and some questions easier?
- Which questions give students the most trouble, and what can they do about it?
MEET OUR GUEST
Robin Satty, Ed.D is a graduate of Brown University with a Bachelors and Masters in Biology. Robin began her career in test prep in 2010 at Revolution Prep and began teaching science full time in 2011. Since then, she has taught Biology, Chemistry, and General Science at the middle school and high school levels, while tutoring for the SAT and ACT. Since earning her doctorate in STEM Education from the University of Pittsburgh, she has stepped back from full time teaching to focus on curriculum, consulting, and tutoring.
Robin is the recent author of 28 ACT Science Lessons to Improve Your Score in One Month. Learn more about her and her background, experience, and practice in her TEST PREP PROFILE from episode #208.
Find Robin at https://stemsmartconsulting.com or email@example.com.
ABOUT THIS PODCAST
Tests and the Rest is THE college admissions industry podcast. Explore all of our episodes on the show page.