Those of us who work in the college entrance exam space may work equally with both the SAT and ACT, but we don’t have to like them equally! Our SAT/ACT Smackdown provided a forum for a spirited debate about which of the two big admissions tests is better, in relative sense. Many thanks to everyone who participated in this debate at the Tests and the Rest January 2021 Summit.
What are five things you will learn in this presentation?
1. Which test seems to have more support among a select group of test prep professionals?
2. Which content and skill priorities are valued more among test prep teachers?
3. How does structure and timing compare on the tests?
4. Which test supports which kind of student?
5. What factors are not really relevant when comparing the SAT and ACT?
Recordings for this event are now available on the National Test Prep Association website. NTPA members have complete access to recordings of all Tests and the Rest Summits.