The admissions process for four-year schools increases in complexity in proportion to how tough a college or university is to get into. What should you know, then, for the most competitive schools of all? Amy and Mike invited educational consultant John Morganelli Jr. to share admissions insights for highly selective universities.
What are five things you will learn in this episode?
- What are the odds of admission at a highly selective university?
- How do institutional priorities impact cohort admit rate?
- Do highly selective schools perceive test prep positively or negatively?
- Why do stories of self directed academic exploration matter so much?
- How significant is early enrollment at a highly selective school?
MEET OUR GUEST
John Morganelli Jr earned his Bachelor’s degree from Villanova University and his Master’s degree in Educational Leadership from Lehigh University. In 2018, John left college admissions to pursue an entrepreneurial real estate opportunity and co-founded Morganelli Properties, a real estate brokerage in the Lehigh Valley in Pennsylvania. John also founded a college admissions consulting company called Ivy League Admissions Consultant LLC and is currently writing a book entitled Growing Ivy. Prior to these entrepreneurial ventures John served in educational leadership positions at Moravian College, Lehigh University and most recently at Cornell University as the Director of Admissions for the College of Arts and Sciences.
Find John at https://ivyleagueconsultant.com/.
ABOUT THIS PODCAST
Tests and the Rest is THE college admissions industry podcast. Explore all of our episodes on the show page.