Since 2014, Gallup has investigated some of the most important outcomes of higher education through a survey of college graduates. What valuable lessons can future college students learn from the reflections of those who came before them? Amy and Mike invited research consultant John Clark to explain the significance of the Gallup Alumni Survey and the six college experiences that drive success.
What are five things you will learn in this episode?
- What does the Gallup Alumni Survey capture about the experiences of college graduates?
- Why is long-term success of college graduates worth exploring?
- What are the big six college experiences that appear to drive success after college?
- How do relationship-rich and project-oriented learning experiences link to workplace engagement?
- How have colleges responded to the revelations of the Gallup Alumni Survey?
MEET OUR GUEST
John Clark is a consultant with Gallup’s Higher Education group, which delivers forward-thinking research and analytics to help universities solve their most pressing problems. Before joining Gallup, John worked as a consumer protection attorney, then moved to the education world with Kaplan, where he helped universities build pathway programs to guide students to law, medical, and graduate school.
John has a B.A. in philosophy from Bucknell and a J.D. from Southern Illinois. He lives in Chicago, Illinois, where he also teaches a Medical Law & Ethics course at a local university.
Find John at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018 Strada-Gallup Alumni Survey
ABOUT THIS PODCAST
Tests and the Rest is THE college admissions industry podcast. Explore all of our episodes on the show page.