Webb’s Depth of Knowledge levels provide a clear system for categorizing the cognitive demand of different lessons and curriculum items. How relevant are DOK levels to standardized testing and test prep? You’d be surprised! Amy and Mike invited educational consultant Erik Francis of Maverik Education to explain depth of knowledge levels on standardized tests. This is the second part of a training session presented at the Tests and the Rest April Summit 2021.
What are five things you will learn in this episode?
1. What are depth of knowledge (DOK) levels?
2. How are depth of knowledge levels tested on different standardized tests?
3. Do higher DOK levels correlate with harder test items?
4. Do different tests incorporate different DOK patterns?
5. How can DOK levels be assigned to test items?
Recordings for this event are now available on the National Test Prep Association website. NTPA members have complete access to recordings of all Tests and the Rest Summits.